Skip to content

Personal Injury

Michael Steinfeld became an accredited specialist in personal injury law in 1994. He has acted for many claimants over a period of 30 years. He has handled many large personal injury cases recovering compensation as a result of work  injury and car accidents. There are time limits and barriers when you seek to claim compensation and you need help from an expert

When can you bring a car accident claim:

If you have been involved in a car accident that was not your fault, or only partly your fault, then you are entitled to bring a third party claim. The motor accident compensation scheme extends to passengers injured in car accidents, pedestrians crossing the road, cyclists and pillion passengers on motorbikes. The motor accident compensation scheme also covers people injured in car accidents where the car that was at fault, was uninsured or unregistered or where the car cannot be identified as it was a ‘hit and run’.   Ring us to discuss the circumstances surrounding your accident and the compensation you may be entitled to including: Immediate payment of your medical expenses up to $5,000.00. Reimbursement of medical and rehabilitation expenses and potential payment for any future medical expenses. Compensation for economic loss including loss of wages and superannuation and potential future economic loss. Compensation for non-economic loss meaning compensation for pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life. Compensation for non-economic loss will only be available if it is found that you have suffered a Whole Person Impairment of over 10%.

When you can bring a workers compensation claim:

If you are  injured at work  you are entitled to workers compensation.

You may be entitled to including:
  • Medical and rehabilitation expenses.
  • Compensation for wage loss.
  • Lump sum compensation if  your injury  leaves you with a permanent impairment over 10% whole body impairment.
  • Legal costs, when we apply for legal aid on your behalf.
  • You may also be entitled to bring a negligence case against your employer or someone else if you have suffered an injury and have an impairment over 15% whole body impairment.
  • You need to act early and contact us.
No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: